Wednesday 7 March 2012

Loneliness

Ally: Do you interpreted this sadness as loneliness?
Jason: Well... No. Actually, it seemed a little worse.
Ally: What's worse than being alone? I mean how did it seem worse?
Jason: I saw lots of lonely people. They always have a look. 
Ally: What kind of look?
Jason: A look that it could change any second. Maybe with the next person who enters the room. Lonely people have hope. But she didn't. She looked so sad. Liked she knew so much.
Ally: Knew so much?
Jason: That some people find love permanent. And some are just meant to be alone.

Rene: You make it sound so romantic.
Jewel: It was.
Rene: Rationally, even. You had sex with a boy.
Jewel: Nothing  gratuitous.
Rene: You had sex with a boy.
Jewel: Again, we are dealing with legal definition.
Rene: 16. He wasn't a boy to you?
Jewel: Yes. He was.
Rene: You had sex with him anyway.
Jewel: To be honest, I probably made love to him in part because he was a boy. Physically, sexually, he was a man. If I close my eyes, I can still feel his strength. Inside me, I felt his willingness to just surrender. To me. To love. To the moment. A young man's moment can last a while.
Rene: So you just prefer boys to men?
Jewel: In some ways, maybe I do. Emotionally, I think things die in men as they get older. They lose the essence of the very thing a woman most wants.
Rene: Such as?
Jewel: Simple intimacy. He cried sometimes when we made love. Tears of joy. How many men are willing or able to do that? He made me feel as if I was flying and falling all at once. I was flying. There are things in him I'm sure will go dead as he grows older. Perhaps I was celebrating the boy inside him. I was celebrating the boy inside me.

Ini adalah sebahagian daripada dialog dalam episod 1 musim kedua Ally McBeal. One of my favorite episode. I think I don't have to explain in details what this thing is all about. It's a direct explanation of a human relationship. How it been built and how it will diminish later on. Papepon, Ally McBeal memang antara series kesukaan aku. It can makes me laugh and even worse when it makes me cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment